no pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

tunderkoffler

Reaction score
I've just recently moved into a house with an inground sprinkler system with 9 zones. zones 1,4,5,6,7,8, and 9 work properly with good pressure zone 2 has barley any pressure and zone 3 works at about half pressure what should I be looking for or checking other any help would be great:confused:

CHH

Reaction score
Well, I'd say it's good news that most of the zones work well which means that there is good flow rate and pressure at the zone valve manifold.

Troubleshooting should go step by step. Manually open zone valves 2 & 3 and see if the there is still low flow. If the flow is good then there is probably a problem with the valve actuator.

If the flow is low then disconnect the discharge end of the valve and check the flow when you manually open the valve. If the flow is good then the problem is between the valve and the first sprinkler head. Replacing the pipe is probably the simplest solution. If the flow is low then either repair or replace the valve.

The big box stores and many hardware stores have replacement parts for the major brands.

Mr_Pike

Reaction score
Normally if it is only 1 or two zones operating with low pressure, I start looking for a leak. This may or may not be in the pipe itself, it could be a broken riser (the threaded nipple that connects the heads to the pipe), or a broken coupling etc.

Turn on the zone manually, by either using the bleed lever if equipped, or by loosening the valve solenoid about a 1/2 turn.

Start walking around from head to head wiggling each head to look for water coming from places it is not suppose to be. Maybe let it run a while to see if you can get a leak to come to the surface. Watch for lumps in your lawn that were not there before. If you have good turf, it can expand like a water balloon!

There are other less common problems that it could be, a pinched line from roots, clogged line from debris, or a faulty valve.

Do the suspect zones have more heads than the rest?

tunderkoffler

Reaction score
still no pressure

I've check all the valves and replaced them it had minimal effect and then I found that zones 1 through 5 run off a different well connection then 6 through 9 and that there was also a zone 10 zones 6 through 10 have amazing water pressure compared to any of the other zones if there is a master valve could that not be working properly:confused: Any more thoughts on it would be great:D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks