Gutter Screens

Users who are viewing this thread

wlam08

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I suspect most everyone has run into the same issues I have.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for gutter screens? Either the ones that go in the downspout or the ones that cover the whole gutter?

Adam

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I like the ones that cover the entire gutter. They're cheap, easy to install, and you don't have to clean the gutters too often. It seems to me that leaves and other debris might plug screens that just cover the downspout outlet.

Prashster

Reaction score
I'm happy with my Gutter Toppers. They're guaranteed for the life of the house. You have to have them professionally installed to get the warranty, but IMHO, roof work is best left to pros. They slide UNDER the last course of roof shingles and cover the whole gutter. The installers also replaced the gutter bolts with better ferrules and longer, angled bolts. I have huge trees towering over my house and I've never had a prob (in 6 years) even in the most torrential rains. And my house has darn steep roof pitches.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks