raiser below ground

Users who are viewing this thread

mario_chicago

Reaction score
I am replacing a bathtub drain and overflow pipes with a cast iron two piece shower drain onto a concrete floor. Pipe is 1 1/2 inch and the cast iron drain is 1 1/2" . Unfortunately the brass bathtub slip joint was over 30 y.old and broke off during removal, so now I have it sticking 1/4" above the concrete floor. It is cemented into the concrete floor, and another 1/4" below it begins the P-trap which is galvanized steel pipe. Why don't I see any connection between the slip joint and the galv. pipe? Do I need to somehow chisel out the brass broken off pipe before I do anything? Most importantly how do I connect to a pipe buried 1/2" below ground? Any help would be appreciated! I've waited 2 weeks for the 1.5" cast iron drain and now am eager to finish or should I call a professional ?

Thank you, guys!!
Best.
Mario

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks