Plastic Bibb Washers

Users who are viewing this thread

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I was working on a leaky tub faucet today and found hard, white plastic bibb washers. I replaced them with rubber ones.

Anyone know why someone would use the hard plastic ones?

Attachments

• Bib washer reduced.jpg
    Bib washer reduced.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 334

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
When two surfaces (stem and seat) are well-machined and properly mated, they seal. When tolerances are not so tight, anything from hard plastic or whatever else all the way down to silicone or whatever else can make a seal possible anyway.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Flat bibb washers are available in black, red,blue, and white, differing in hardness. The hardest ( white ) will last longer, but require a seat in perfect condition, and as seats are subject to wear, especially in horizontal valves like shower, I do not find the white to be successful long term. I prefer the reds.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just eyeing those peanuts over there. I'm the peanut monster.:D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks