PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Toilet

Miguel
06-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Hi All,

I'm replacing my not so old American Standard toilet when I remodel my bathroom- it's a terrible unit. Anyways, I came across Terry's site and read the reviews. It seems like the Toto Ultramax and Drake models where highly rated. I also read elsewhere that the Toto Supreme 1 piece was highly rated by ANSI. Would anyone have a comment on this model? Thanks.

Miguel

lars
06-27-2007, 09:36 AM
I have a drake, 2 caryles, and an aquia. They all work well. The drake is a traditional installation and the other 2 use a unifit which requires drilling at 6 holes. It comes down to cost , style, and whether you or a pro will put them in. Check out the sanigloss if you can get it on the model.

achutch
06-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Miguel,

I have a Drake and swear by it. It's been in place for almost 2 years and I haven't been able to clog it. You wouldn't go wrong with the Drake, or I am sure any of the other models mentioned above.

Matt (achutch)

Peanut9199
06-28-2007, 05:13 AM
I don't have the MAp test for Supreme but..
The Ultimate is 325, the Ultramax which is the same look as the Ultimate but with the G-Max flushing and it is 700. So it is double in the amount of flush. The Drake is 900.
I would think the Supreme would be close to the Ultimate or better.

Terry
06-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Despite what the MaP rating is for the Ultimate, I found it to plug less than the Cimarron and the Vaucity.
I had one installed on our main bathroom for a year, and never took the plunger into the house during that time. We sometimes had parties with 200 people.

The Supreme will be about like the Ultimate.