PDA

View Full Version : Replacement cover for impact head

atl_sud
06-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Do they sell replacement covers for the pop up impact sprinkler heads. I was mowing this afternoon and ate one up:mad: .

The controller is a Rainbird so I'm going to assume that the heads are Rainbird too. Sorry for the incomplete info, I am a new owner (clueless!).

Thanks in advance for your help.
T

Gary Swart
06-24-2007, 04:43 PM
I've used RB impact sprinkler since 1884, and I can imagine how you could have destroyed a cover with the mower. Perhaps you are mowing your grass too short? At any rate, I have never seen just a cover. You're best bet would be to inquire at an irrigation supply company that handles Rainbird. You may have to replace the entire head.

jimbo
06-24-2007, 07:33 PM
The brand of controller would not be related to the brand of heads, but Rainbird is a common brand , so could be/

I have not seen covers sold, but it's worth a call to rainbird;

Verdeboy
06-24-2007, 08:56 PM
That's why I like Rainbird Maxi-Paws. You can use the special wrench they have and just spin out the guts of a broken sprinkler head and screw in a new one. No digging necessary!

PEW
06-25-2007, 08:03 AM
Yes they are available, around my area they go for around $4.50. Have found that they can be a bit hard to find.

My biggest problem is squirrels who take out the outside case and top.

Follow up:

Rainbird web site

http://www.rainbird.com/shoppingv5/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=595