Improper Grading

Users who are viewing this thread

abrahuang

Reaction score
I am installing a new bathroom in basement. A new section of capped pipe was slid in through under foundation by a pro, connecting the sewer main to street. Unfortunately, after uncapped it, I found out a pond of water wanted to stay at a level about 1 inch above the pipe bottom.
To connect the pipes, I will need to drain the pond, but what I worried more about is the grading will frequently cause clogging. Will my worry become true?

The pro ordered inspection and passed for the filed work outside the house, but the inside section was not inspected. Is this improper grading prohibited by code? Will l fail the inspection because of this? Any remedies? Thanks,

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
I would ask that pro and inspector to come have another look and give them an opportunity to make things right. If that gets you nowhere, I would next look to see whether the pipe is already up against the bottom of the foundation and consider any possibilities for raising it enough to get the proper drainage.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pipe

that low section of pipe is not "legal" and will cause you problems forever if it is not corrected. if you cannot raise the inside end of the pipe, then you may have to redo the outside section and lower it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks