Spa pump needs vent tube?

Users who are viewing this thread

numedpick

Reaction score
I have an old Hot Springs spa that has a 2 inch pvc 90 degree that had a nipple sticking off it to allow vent/equilibrium for the pump when it has been drained. The nipple just broke off I guess because of the years of chemicals?

Any suggestions on tapping saddle or similar onto that to allow needed air/water to move? I am thinking similar to an icemaker water tap except a bit larger diameter?

I would appreciate suggestions.
Thanks.

numedpick

Reaction score
OK I appreciate that, however that is not easily done where I live. I will revise my question- can you thread a brass Mpt fitting or something into PVC and expect it to hold? Would you use teflon tape only/
Thanks.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Here's Hot Springs website. Go to Customer Service and ask you question. As connecting brass to PVC, yes, you can do it. I use the old fashioned pipe dope for my threaded fittings, I just hate the tape.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks