PDA

View Full Version : Poor Flush, Kohler Memoirs toilet

BMWMK2
06-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Hi Everyone I Have A New Kohler Memoirs 2 Piece Toilet. The Flush Is Rather Poor And It Clogs When The Kids Use The Toilet, Now If I Hold The Handle Down And Let All The Water Drain To The Bottom There Is Never A Problem. How Can I Adjust The Toilet To Do That Automaticly?

http://www.terrylove.com/wc/kohler/kohler_memoirs_shepard.jpg

Verdeboy
06-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Fill valves can be adjusted to raise the water level in the tank. Flappers can be adjusted to allow more water to leave the tank. They also sell adjustable flappers. Some have a styrofoam ball that you can raise or lower to allow more or less water to leave the tank.

Terry
06-02-2007, 10:00 AM
The easiest solution would be to get a longer timed flapper.

However, if the bowl does plug, and the water keeps draining from the tank, the bowl can overflow. If it does, get the mop out.

BMWMK2
06-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Which Way Do You Go Up Or Down With The Styro Ball To Allow More Water In? And Do The Sell Better Replacement Flappers, What Brand? Thanks

Verdeboy
06-02-2007, 01:30 PM
The best flapper is the Korky red. It works fine for most toilets. But you still need to adjust the chain. You might be able to adjust the chain on the flapper you already have if it closes too fast.

jadnashua
06-02-2007, 03:15 PM
As long as the chain is adjusted to fully open the flapper valve, and allows it to close fully, there is nothing else to adjust on the chain. If it has too much slack, it can get caught under the flapper, creating a leak, or not open it enough to perform the designed flush.