Re-glazing shower pan

Users who are viewing this thread

jolenekae

Reaction score
My husband and I just wrote the last check on our main bathroom remodel, needless to say we are planning on doing the 3/4 bath ourselves. I am pretty handy so I feel comfortable tackling the projec but...we are having difficulty deciding on the best route with the shower pan.

1. We could re-glaze the pan ourselves, it is only 34"X36" (non-standard of course) but I am not sure how well the Do It Yourself kits work? Opinions? We would be gutting the bathroom leaving this one item.

2. We could replace it, being non-standard it will need to be custom ordered and I have heard estimates of close to $500...not including install. If we decide to replace it we will hire someone for that item.

Overall opinions or suggestions? We are trying to keep costs down but spend where it will count.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The materials to build a great shower pan that size cost less than $100...a fair amount less. Have you ever played with wet beach sand? You can build your own...it only looks hard if you have any skill.

Check out www.johnbridge.com and build your own shower...you'll be happier. Fixing an old pan is almost never a good idea.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks