PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a new Toto UltraMax...worried about the rough-in

ghymes
05-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Sorry. this may have been posted before, but I am worried here. I JUST ordered the new Toto UltraMax with a 12" rough-in because he said that's the only way it came. I know my existing toilet measures 10" from the wall to the bolts...

CAN I use the UNIFIT adapter (TSU01W.10 Toto 10" Unifit Rough In Adapter) with the Toto UltraMax? I don't think it has the skirted base.

I have a new house. Everyone tells me I am nuts for thinking I have a 10" rough-in, but the measuring doesn't lie. I guess the "plumbers" weren't too good at measuring in inches.

Any help is appreciated!

Peanut9199
05-26-2007, 08:13 PM
No you can't use a Ultramax for a 10" rough-in. You would need a skirted toilet with a 10" uni-fit.
Your best bet is the MS874114SG Carlyle it has the G-max flush and Sana-gloss.

ghymes
05-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Thank you for the advice on that other model. I like it. I didn't think it would work with the ultramax. The guy that sold it to me was insistant that I don't have a 10" rough-in...so maybe I measuing something wrong. He told me not to lose my hair over this. :) I'll have to wait for my plumber to arrive.

hj
05-27-2007, 06:47 AM
Depending on how the house is constructed, sometimes the plumber HAS to make it a 10" or 14" rough, but not because he cannot read a ruler. Otherwise he has to do what I did on one project and tell the carpenter, "Either you cut the joist and header it off, or I will, but it will be a lot easier to repair it if you do it.