white or wheat bread....

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Fox

Reaction score
what to use for soaking water in line! Seriously, I will be soldering up my master shower this tomorrow and have a question on flushing bread out of the line when done. I will be removing all the cartiridges in the rough in valve.

When picking up some couplings etc at the borg a "plumbing area" employee said theres was no need to flush out the lines with bread before loading the cartridges the bread will dissolve no worries. This dosent seem right I could see this effecting flow etc if any is lodged up in the valve and cartirdige. Since your the experts is this guy full of sh**? Being a novice I would think to flush out any water, bread etc before loading the cartiridges and reassembling the valve, right?

Thanks, Chris

BTW. my wife just came up to see what I was doing while writing this... she sees the word "Love" and a heart with a guy shooting a smile back at me.
What a great laugh this time in the morning!!!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
No, It's not like that.

I was looking at a woman when that picture was taken on the Oregon Coast.
I was having breakfast, a big German pancake, and Cathy was taking the picture.

If you use bread, use white bread. You don't want the ones with seeds.
I would flush the valve before putting the cartridge in.
Or if you were doing a faucet, I would pull a supply and flush into a can.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Wonder Bread White

That's the crap I grew up on. Has no fiber at all.

It's funny because fiber helps our digestive system keep moving, while fiberless white bread plugs us up!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
bread

Bread? Who needs bread? Do it correctly and you do not need bread. I haven't used any bread in 55+ years of plumbing. There are always better ways to stop or prevent water flow.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I have never used it 1 time. I have always been able to do something else.

RochNY

Reaction score
hj said:
Bread? Who needs bread? Do it correctly and you do not need bread. I haven't used any bread in 55+ years of plumbing. There are always better ways to stop or prevent water flow.

If there is a long horizontal span of pipe and you cut it in the middle it will always have a "trickle" of water. How can you get around it with out using bread? Thanks for any replies.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Thats not true.

Once it drains out your all set.

The important thing is not to have a closed system.

RochNY

Reaction score
If you open a high faucet and a low faucet to drain down the pipes, and are working somewhere near the lowest point, won't it take forever to drain all of the water out of a horizontal pipe? (there always seems to be a "trickle" left) How do the pro's get around this problem so quickly? Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks