View Full Version : 3-hole shower faucet repl

09-22-2004, 02:26 PM
I need to replace a three handle shower set. I don't want to re-tile the entire shower/tub. Sooo . . .

1. Is there a 3-hole cover available such as those for 3-to-1 hole conversions?
2. If not, how can I remove the tile so I can re-use it?

Thank You much!

09-22-2004, 02:57 PM
Yes, many manufacturers have cover plates made to go from 3 or 2 handle to 1 handle conversions. There are also generic type cover plates.
I recommend a pressure balance valve since you are changing this one out. They are code everywhere and simply a safe easy way to protect your family from being scalded in the shower.
The Pipewench

09-23-2004, 06:42 AM
Thank you, Deb.
I guess I could've been more vague if I tried. I have a three handle and I am replacing with a three handle. I need a source for a cover plate for three handles. I know of the conversions from 3 or 2 -to-one, but what about a three handle cover for 3 handle set so I don't have to try to save my tile or re-tile the whole shebang. Thanks again!

09-23-2004, 06:50 AM
Danco makes one, but it is plastic, with a mirror finish. A good plumbing supply house should have one in metal, chrome finish.

09-23-2004, 08:21 AM
You may be better off to come in from the back. To get a decent repair on the tile you need to cut a larger hole than needed so that you have more support around the holes. Stud width and at least 2 feet vertical. If the tiles are set on a mud base this can be more challenging than if they are set on sheetrock or cement board.