PDA

View Full Version : no sewage access toilet

modity
05-05-2007, 02:31 PM
can anyone recommend a non-septic toilet. this will be in an apartment over garage where because of layout I cannot get septic access from it. I will have water, I hope( see my post under well and pump). Someone told me to tyy incinerator toilet, do these really work well? Can anyone recommend brand or other alternative? Thanks

leejosepho
05-05-2007, 08:26 PM
What would you do with the waste water from the shower or a sink?

There are composting toilets that evaporate fluids and break solids down into something like potting soil. A web search for "compost toilet" should yield a lot of info.

Incinerator toilets essentially do the same, but they can be expensive to purchase, to fuel and to maintain, and they can generate quite a bit of heat.

If you end up going elsewhere to shower and so on anyway, there are RV-style "suitcase toilets" that can be carried away and dumped in any conventional toilet ... and my wife and I once stayed with a friend where we had nothing more than our own 5-gallon pail lined with a garbage bag and covered with a lid. In a case like that, sawdust is great for reducing odor and slosh, and Cabela's sells a snap-on toilet seat.

modity
05-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the info.

markts30
05-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Check local code...
I know in Phoenix, if it is at all possible (no matter how convenient) to plumb to the existing septic/sewer, it has to be connected and not pumped etc...
They may not allow an alternative means of plumbing the apt.

hj
05-06-2007, 05:41 PM
It can be pumped there if necessary.