Gas suspended garage heater, how does it work?

Users who are viewing this thread

snafflekid

Electrical Engineer
Reaction score
I believe that is what they are called. It is bracketed to the ceiling and hangs in a corner of the building. It runs off natural gas and has a fan on the back. What is striking to me is that there is no chimney, so the exhaust goes into the room. Is there any need I should be aware of when using this, i.e. does the room need special ventilation?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Those types of units are used in warehouse/industrial areas which have a very large air volume and a lot of natural outside air infiltration due to frequent door openings, etc. You would have to check with your local officials to see if that unit would be allowed in your residential garage.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heaters

A more or less generic term for them was Reznor heaters, and all of the ones I have seen had vents on them, unless it is an infrared unit, which might get by without a vent.

Zimmee66

Reaction score
Around the midwest....we call em modines

we seem to call them modines....

Funny how generic brandnames reflect whoever grabbed the market first.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks