Pex

Users who are viewing this thread

jrogers99

Reaction score
I'm brand new to PEX but want to give it a try due to the ease of use, less fittings, etc. I'm putting the system to use in the Sierra Nevadas in California and wondering if anybody has any positive/negative to say about it. I've only worked with copper, abs, etc. and have never given this a shot. I would like to have any recommendations on a good book for learning more about it. Thanks!!

jrogers99

Reaction score
Follow-up

Also, if I do get a response, is there any thought on the advantages of the upanor (Wirsbo) expansion tool over the standard crimp method. Is the "seal" better with the proprietary Upanor or am I ok with the standard copper rings? Thanks ahead!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are various threads on pex - a search might help.

From others, one of the biggest concerns is to get what is available locally. The Uphonor system is fast and doesn't need calibration tools. It may be easier to make connections is confined areas where you can't get the crimping tool. You should scheck each crimp with the gauge.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks