overflowing toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Ralphemmerich

Reaction score
My brother has a 10-year-old low flow toilet that periodically (not consistently) "clogs" with just urine in it and then overflows causing water damage to the floor below. Once when I was visiting him this happened to me with lots of water all over the floor. Is the only solution to replace the whole toilet? Or are there some adjustments I can make to the flushing mechanisms? I'm somewhat familiar with the workings of toilelts, but I am at a loss as to how to fix this.

Thanks,

Desperate (Ralph)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sounds like there may be a restriction/clog in the drain line. Unless the previous heavy load never made it clear, just flushing liquid should never cause it to overflow. My unprofessinal opinion. Now, most companies 10-year old low-flow toilets were lousy (as some still are!), so it didn't take much to clog them. SOrry, this doesn't help much.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks