Fiberglass shower recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

dzd9fy

Reaction score
In the process of redoing our basement bathroom and thinking of installing a fiberglass or acrylic shower enclosure due to speed and cost. At least I am assuming it is cheaper and quicker??

Anyways, what are the recommendations on manufactures to consider and or to avoid? A quick walk through the big box stores did not have anything that I am thinking will hold up to much use, but I have been unable to find much here on the net. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

I should mention that I have an available opening of approximately 39" x 39", so I am considering a 36" square unit, with plans to put the controls and head on the left side as standing on the outside looking in. Also, the max height is 7'-0" from the cement slab floor.

Last edited:

Dan Pick

Reaction score
If you want it to last and be easy to clean I would definetly go with acrylic.

Today's fiberglass is junk. One more cost reduction by thinning the wall thickness and all units will break in shipping.

Or you could go with solid surface, Swanstone, Viktrel......etc.

This is a great example of "You get what you pay for".

Good Luck.

I'm in the process of remodeling my basement bath and I went with an acrylic shower pan and walls.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some of the people have said they like Sterling. You should be able to find it with a google search.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks