Tubing cutter

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have not, and I seriously doubt if there is such a beast. Copper tubing is so quick and easy to cut with a regular hand twisted cutter, I don't think it is something that would sell even if it was invented. Maybe some of the pros will have some different thoughts.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There is at least one company that makes a powered one, but it is self contained. Slip the thing around the pipe, press the button, a moment later, the pipe is cut. Easier than trying to rotate the thing around the pipe in tight spaces, but a won't compare to a mini cutter.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Damn, I forgot I got one of these

I've had one of those cordless pipe cutters now for two years.....bought it on eday and I never use it. PipeCat
502f42303030324f503438432e30312d4131324a5442383232575a3855452e5f53434d5a5a5a5a5a5a5a5f.jpg

It works great.....saves work but only if you run a great deal of copper.

Last edited:

gtrjunkie

Reaction score
RUGGED said:
I like the one from superior tool a lot better. I wander how much....
$120 at Lowes. I bought one 2 weeks ago. Also got another battery from Superior tool for $30. I'll probably only use it on a couple projects a year, but I have a problem when I see a new tool like this and I gotta have it. I did try it out and it does cut nice and quick. About 3 seconds like it says on the website. At first I thought there was something wrong with it because it would not close and spin, just get jammed on the pipe. But I checked the website and it said to make sure you push the pipe back till you hear it snap, something they don't really stress in the owner's manual. Then I had no problems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks