More Pratical Pot Filler

Users who are viewing this thread

gdiverp

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for looking at my problem. I am curious if there is a good solution to my pot filler scenario. We would like the ability to fill pots by the stove but even more so would like to be able to quick rinse a pot. I just dont trust any of the double jointed pot fillers available from high end fixture suppliers. They have the reach i desire but look too clunky or something.

What i would like in the best of all worlds would be a deck mounted spray nozzle like a side spray on a sink with a wall mounted valve for cold water only. does such an animal exist ? seems more practical than what i am seeing, and i figured someone else must have done this.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Greg Peeler

grohe-pot-filler.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

gdiverp

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.
why would a spray require a drain if a pot filler does not ?
i am aware of the TS products and its not that they arent beefy enough its they are too bulky. i am looking for a nice spray to stand alone deck mounted with hose recessed in cabinetry like with a sink side spray. also a valve that would accomadate this to be wall mounted about 12" high in the backsplash. any other ideas >?

thanks
Greg Peeler

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
i was tempted to answer earlier but i figured i'd wait till i got a better idea what was motivating you. -- i think you are asking for something that i have been dreaming about for a long time too. :)

so the bottom line is yes you can do it but many people will ask why do something that is not already done (and offered for sale by a "corporation").

the psychological impact on people when you tell them you want something that isn't already a "defined product" is strong. The reaction to your idea is quite revealing too.

david

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
so the bottom line is yes you can do it but many people will ask why do something that is not already done (and offered for sale by a "corporation").

The answer to that is easy. If there are only 2 people in the country, (you and the inquirer), the production costs for developing and producing it would have to be distributed across two faucets which would make them somewhat pricey. The same is true of every "unusual" product people ask about and wonder why they cannot find it in the stores.

the psychological impact on people when you tell them you want something that isn't already a "defined product" is strong. The reaction to your idea is quite revealing too.

We probably have many ways to create the item, but since there are also many ways the suggestions could be misinterpreted and implimented, we cannot be sure that it would be wise to send him down that path.

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
hj, i am glad you help refine and define the problem. I realize that dry humor verging on sarcasm is hard to interpret.

I saw at T & S Brass a few cute little "filler" nozzles on flex hoses, but they are hard to find; takes a lot of hunting. And then there is all that chrome and brass that is put on display, too. Yuk. They may all be still too big and visible.

I think the idea -- in this thread -- is to put something as small and unobtrusive as possible in a hideaway location, with even the flex tube hidden from view too. Works for deckmount sink sprays.

david

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Have a plumber install a Moen pull out faucet on your wall. You would have what you want with just a little extra effort needed to put the flex line back in the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks