PDA

View Full Version : burnham holiday 6-60 question...

xavier
04-05-2007, 09:34 PM
burnham holiday 6-60 question... the power company came and turned off system and came back and turned on pilot but it does not fire up. It has been a long time and do not remember how to turn on. I have only an on-off light switch and every thing says automatic no buttons. Really appreciate the help I know it is so simple but forgot how to turn completely on???

xavier
04-06-2007, 12:03 PM
the power company came back since they turned off problem was you need to light both sides of the pilot light its in an L form both parts need to be lit also there was an electrical part that was not passing current when the thermosat was calling for heat.

jadnashua
04-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Glad you got that resolved. I wasn't aware it had that type of pilot light. There is a part called a thermocouple that performs a safety lock-out function...it won't allow the main gas valve to open if it doesn't sense the pilot light being on. I'm surprised first that the pilot is double-ended, and second, that the thermocouple didn't sense the side that was on, but hey, now you know.