View Full Version : puckering drywall question

03-27-2007, 06:10 PM
:confused: I am repainting my bathroom, and had to remove some wallpaper. When they installed the wallpaper, they didn't prime the drywall first, so it was really hard to remove. When I was patching some of the holes/scratches (using joint compound - not spackle), some parts of the drywall paper started to pucker up and leave little bubbles under the paper of the drywall. How can I fix this without replacing the drywall?
Thank you

03-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Use a utility knife to cut out the loose spots of paper, then use drywall tape and joint compound to make a new surface. Also, I prefer paper tape over the self-stick mesh, and be sure to put joint compound underneath the paper.