Wall mount toilet with LowPro Sewage System

Users who are viewing this thread

gojoe3

Reaction score
Hello, first time here, I am a kitchen and bath designer and remodeler.

Want to know if it is possible, to configure a wall mount toilet with a pump system for a basement 1/2 bath? I don't want to break thru the concrete floor and the floor to ceiling height is only 7'-0" so building up the floor inside this tiny room will only restrict an already cramped space. But, I do have the space for a pump system adjacent to the bath space and was wondering if a wall mount waste could be plumbed horizontally to the holding tank inlet?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It would still need the 1/4" per foot slope of any drain. Then, the tank would need to be low enough to accumulate some so it didn't have to run every time something what dumped in it. Where is the sewer outlet? Above the floor or below? Do you need a pump at all? Better to bury it, if gravity would work for the whole thing - much less to go wrong, and much less maintenance. A rear-discharge toilet is more expensive than a conventional one, too.

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
yes, can do.

gojoe3 said:
... break thru the concrete floor ... if a wall mount waste could be plumbed horizontally to the holding tank inlet?
first of all, nobody needs to break concrete floors to install one of these under toilet tank and pump setups. You may be confused.

yes, any wall hung toilet or floor mount rear discharge toilet has its waste pipe coming out of the toilet at a higher level than regular toilets.

back to the tank: it raises the seat of any old regular toilet by about three inches and a half. The toilet is then seated at ADA height. Not a problem for anyone.

david

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
i would love to know what the manufacturer says when you ask them about sending a wall hung toilet's waste into one of these tanks. I'm sure it can be done. The advantage to you, the designer, is that you don't have the half-step in the floor under and behind the toilet (where the tank has to be to receive the waste from a regular toilet). Using a wall hung opens up more space design options.

david

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks