Problems with roughin plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

hopeful

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm new to the site but everyone seems very helpful. Here's my problem..... i have a toilet, sink, and shower that has been put into a washroom in my basement. The home builder provided the rough in plumbing. Here's the catch, now that the washroom is complete, the toilet is clouging, and went the sink turns on the toilet bubbles. HELP> how do I start finding out the problem?:confused:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
No vents were installed as part of the rough-in would be my guess...but then, I'm not a pro. The slope of the drain lines might be off, too, since the toilet would likely work without one (create problems for other things, but not itself). It could just be a lousy performing toilet, though (wouldn't account for the bubbling, only the clogging). What brand and model of toilet is it?

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Definitely a venting problem. It sounds like the main DWV line is not vented between the toilet & sink and there is a possiblity that the main sewer line is not sloped properly or is clogged....something is causing trapped air to be foreced back thru the toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks