Master bath addition

Users who are viewing this thread

davidffd

Reaction score
Hello,

First time poster here. I got your site from John Bridge tile forum. I am in the process of an addition to our house. It is a two story addition with a 400 square foot living room and a 400 square foot bed and bath on the second floor. I have done some plumbing in the past, last year I gutted and redid another full bath in the house. Pretty simple set up though. I am going to try to do this one myself. I have pulled all the necessary permits and will have it inspected. My question for now is on the supply pipes. I have all new 3/4 inch copper in the old part of the house with 1/2 inch branches to the fixtures. The new bathroom is about 20 feet from those 3/4 inch lines. Should I run 3/4 inch to the new bath and branch off with 1/2 or could i just run 1/2 for the supply and branches. There will be a whirlpool tub, 2 sinks, toilet and separate shower. Thanks for any help.

Dave

davidffd

Reaction score
Thanks Dave,

I am pretty confident on piping the supply lines but the pvc drains I'm not positive on. Can you recommend any good sources of info so I make sure I get the drains sized properly and run the vents correclty?

Dave

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Sketch out a floor plan with the existing piping (waste) that you are going to tie into...
Then draw the plumbing the way you think it should be...
We can all work from there....

davidffd

Reaction score
No, I did not have to submit a plan. They really only focused on the building construction and insulation. Small town in Connecticut with one full time inspector. Any tips on posting a sketch. I'm not the best with computers.

Dave

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks