damaging new equipment???

Users who are viewing this thread

fast pasquale

hardwood flooring contractor
Reaction score
new hp fax/scanner/printer/copier is on the way. Im thinking about setting it up with my old (6yr) computer that is probally full of viruses and is slow as heck.. My ? is could i do any damage to my new all in one device from hp if i connect it to my old shabby computer???

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
all in one

You do not transfer any files to the new equipment when you connect it. All that is sent to it is the data to be printed. But, the efficiency of the machine may be affected by the slowness of the computer.

Zimmee66

Reaction score
No worries...

your new MFC should be fine. no damage. But I'm willing to bet you'll have trouble installling supporting software and print drivers. Save yourself grief and clean your PC *before* you install anything that comes iwth the printer.

For a free, thorough, legit virus online scan try:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com

and to get rid of spyware and such try "AdAware" and "SpyBot Search And Destroy" (check google).

All are free...

Brownizs

In the Trades
Reaction score
zimmee66 The link I posted to Majorgeeks will explain everything. Suggesting to google fixes, will just point a person to illegitimate sites.

Zimmee66

Reaction score
brownizs said:
zimmee66 The link I posted to Majorgeeks will explain everything. Suggesting to google fixes, will just point a person to illegitimate sites.

Well, not necessarily--Adaware shows up as the first hit on google and Spybots official site is too. Trendmicro is of course a direct link.

Your point is well taken though--for an inexperienced user it is best to start with a reputable SW site. Or, I should have typed URLS for the apps.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks