toto tank seating

Users who are viewing this thread

psds

Reaction score
I've never seen this addressed on here before so here goes. We just bought a new toto drake ada toilet. With the tank mounted on the bowl , there is an obvious air gap between the two. Even without the rubber ring off the tank ,it hits on each side and leaves a small space between the bowl and tank. Realisticly, when a boy (or man) misses the bowl,pee will get under the tank where you cant get to it to clean up. Are all the toto two pieces like that or just the drake? In comparison ,our 25 year old amer. std. sits flush against a small lip. Thank you for taking my post.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
drake_angle2.jpg
Most of the time, we get the tank to set down like this.​
There may be some gap.​
Of course, that is one reason for the 1-piece toilets.​
I've pulled tanks off with no gap, and it can be like you say.​
Some brands don't have the "dam" in front that is meant to help prevent that.​
When installing tanks, make sure the rubber gasket is pushed onto the outlet of the flushvalve first.​
By holding the tank down while tightening, you can get it to pull down pretty far.​

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks