View Full Version : Compression to MIP

02-18-2007, 05:21 PM
I need to get an adapter / bushing some type of brass fitting to adapt a 1/2" compression valve/stop for a bathroom sink to a 1/2" MIP.

I got stuck with another 3 "contemporary" "european" bath faucets that hoses fit on a 1/2" MIP.

I just need help if this animal exists to correctly name it so I can go an pick up some.


02-18-2007, 05:22 PM

I found this one...but the compression gender is wrong, I need a female compression on one side.

02-18-2007, 06:00 PM
The compression side you show looks to be female, as they all tend to be. Did you mean to say male?

Sounds like you just need to use a 1 inch length of 1/2 inch (that's OD, not trade size, right?) tubing between the stop and the adapter you pictured.

If not, i don't understand what you're saying.

02-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Yes if I used a short length of tubing with the adapter pictured it would work for me. I actually did something similar before to deal with a 3/8" problem.

The vanities these are going under are all glass and looks are important. I would just like a bushing of sorts that will bump the 1/2" comp to pipe. Is that too much to ask for? Am I looking for the adaptor that doesn't exist?

02-19-2007, 04:48 AM
Why not do it the right way and change the valves to the ones with a 1/2 mip outlet? They are almost as easy to find as the standard ones, in fact easier in some areas.

02-19-2007, 04:57 AM
I just changed the valves to the 1/2" from 3/8" because I was told that the faucets were 1/2". I just didn't think the faucet supply lines would be 1/2" FIP.

I will change out the valves in a heartbeat. I couldn't find 1/2" MIP at the Depot only compression valves. If they are common I will check the supply house. Just to double check they come in chrome like regular bath valves, right? Just want to make sure you weren't referring to a brass valve that comes in 1/2" MIP.

02-19-2007, 05:23 AM
The big blue box carries the line of products in this catalog in the chrome plated brass version. Go to pages 57 - 60 of the PDF to find what you want:


The big orange box carries the Brasscraft line, I believe. I'm sure you can find their catalog online also.

02-19-2007, 07:16 PM
The valves will be labeled "slip joint outlet" or 1/2" copper by slip joint. There will be a nut and rubber washer on the outlet that you will throw away.