First time installing maxx vichy corner tub questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrew M

Reaction score
Help!!! I am new to this so please bear with me. I am converting a bedroom to an ensuite master in a 50 year old bungalow. Have removed floor, sistered joists, put down 3/4 ply. Ordered a vichy 5555. Wife wants it 5 inches higher than it will be by resting on floor. I will be building a deck around it and tiling. Question is,,,,how can I raise the height of the subfloor under the tub this much? That would be about 10 sheets of 1/2 ply. Supporting sides is not an issue as I can build the deck to height. Second question is, manufacturer recomends morter bed covered by poly. What mix of morter should I use, how much and how and where do I place it? Last question is if there is a way to raise the subfloor, does this cause plumbing problems with the drain? I won't bore you with my custom shower questions yet. (more to come)

Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Well, I'd probably rip a bunch of 2x6 lumber down, build a box as if it was a floor structure, then top it with 3/4" ply. If you can live with it lower, you could use 2x4's, which would give you just under 4" when topped with 3/4" ply. This would give you some room to run the plumbing, but you'd still have to have a hole in the floor below to have enough room for a p-trap.

Check out www.johnbridge.com for your tilling questions.

Andrew M

Reaction score
bath deck questions

If I raise the tub, are there any issues with the trap that I should be concerned with? The neck from the tub to under the floor would be about 6 inches. Also, do I tile the deck before I put the tub in , or after?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks