Users who are viewing this thread

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
pics/links please.

I turned down two calls today because I don't have the equipment. One was a 100 foot service,

How does that work? Don't you have to connect at opposite ends to conduct electricity through the line? I would of had to have 100 foot leads EACH to get that guys service thawed....and even then I told him that even though he has a copper pigtail out of the meter and copper going through the wall, it could be plastic inbetween.

I ended up doing two starting at 3pm. First was copper hot water system lines broke, the second was CPVC cracking the pipe and fittings at a hose bibb. My second time using a sharkbite coupler and it just seems too damn easy.

I sure you plumbers know this.....but the temperature is going to rise through the night, at least in my area. I can hear the water dripping through the downspout outside my office so I know the temp is rising and my call volume is reflecting that greatly.

Expect to get slammed with calls tomorrow because the rise in temperature will kick off a slew of broken water lines.

I can only say that I'm prepared as best as possible....bucket of fittings and heading to get a few more sharkbites. I usually said no to any CPVC water line jobs but I've found Gold! in dem supply houses!

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You can also get 100' leads which will give you an effective working range of 200'

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks