rustproof escutcheons

Users who are viewing this thread

AdrianMariano

Reaction score
I redid my bathroom a couple years ago. And now the escutcheon around the shower arm is beginning to rust. The escutcheons that encircle copper supply pipes are almost always rusted. I would like to get some escutcheons that won't rust, but I looked around a bit and am having trouble finding such a beast.

Does anybody know of a source for rustproof esctucheons? (They would be stainless steel or chromed plated brass or PVD nickel rather than the usual one molecule thick layer of chrome on steel.)

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I've been using the plastic/chrome type for years now, won't bother with the latter.

They have a split in them so you can get them over the pipe without having to remove the shutoff or shower head, depending on the application.

I'm not speaking of the hinged type either; these are plastic and found at any big box store. They never tarnish. If you spread them open too far though you'll ruin the chrome finish.

Norcal1

Plumber/Owner
Reaction score
Apply a couple of coats of car wax on your chrome products and they will look good and last longer. Repeat the process at least once a year.

Good luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks