PDA

View Full Version : Rotozip kaput, poor customer service

chassis
02-03-2007, 08:27 AM
My 14 month old RZ10 Rotozip is kaput. I have traced it to a faulty speed control dial. Their owner's manual has no information on repair parts, nor does the website. The customer service phone number is not open at this time (11:25 am eastern Saturday). They must have determined that no one uses their tools on weekends.

I'm going to try a work-around so that the weekend isn't lost - I'm cutting out some plaster walls for a tub surround.

Next week, I'll take time out of my work day to deal with the Rotodunces on the phone.

jimbo
02-03-2007, 10:53 AM
You are probably expecting too much if you want to find customer service on Saturdays!
Here is a link to their warranty and service info ( your warranty is expired..1 year) but RotoZip is now owned by Robert Bosch/Skilsaw, and can be serviced at the service centers shown in the link. Looks like if you have a tool pre-2003, you can make a fishing line sinker out of it when it croaks!
http://www.rotozip.com/GetSupport/Warranty

chassis
02-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks jimbo. I was expecting at least to be able to order replacement parts online, or at least see a list of parts. Nothing. I went out and got a 4 1/2" Dewalt grinder and some masonry cutoff wheels, which did the job very nicely. I'll do some fiddling with the Rotozip and if it seems like I can fix it, I will try to order the parts. I bypassed the speed control wheel, and it still didn't work. My next suspicion is the brushes.