New Toto Nexus is leaking through tank's mounting screw

Users who are viewing this thread

Viggen

Reaction score
cst794_door.jpg

Toto Nexus
Just got my nexus installed by general contractor, who subcontracted to his plumber. One screw that holds tank is leaking, and I am not capable to convince my contractor that plumber needs to do usual trick that I found on this website (sand fitting for the screw)…says that I need to get new tank and doesn't want to do any tricks as it will void warranty. I guess I will give Toto usa call, any advices what I should expect or do (besides shooting my contractor:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
drake_sand_bolt3.jpg

It's not a trick, it should be standard practice.
And there is no way, that making sure the surfaces are smooth could void a warranty.
The Nexus tank needs to be tightened down equally on both bolts.
A turn on this one, a turn on that one.
I would guess, that if he just removed the tank, and reset it, being very careful that both screws pulled down evenly, it would be fine.

By the way, I just picked up three of the Nexus toilets for stock.
They are frigging nice looking .
It's too bad we're not in your area, we would "Make it happen".

Viggen

Reaction score
maybe not out of area?

I am in Sammamish, maybe it is close enough? How can I reach you?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks