View Full Version : Valve

01-29-2007, 07:04 AM
I know there is a name for this type of shut off valve, but I don't remember it. My problem is when I attempt to turn the water off with a couple of these in my home, the water will not turn off. I am assuming that the stem grommet needs to be replaced, but I am not sure if I can. It appears that the valve is braised to the pipe. Can I remove the nut "B" (please view photo) to pull a stem out like a regular stem in a tub or sink faucet and put a new grommet/washer on the end of the stem? Thank you in advance for any info.


01-29-2007, 07:20 AM
These are called angle stop valves.

If you turn off the main water, you can then unscrew the bonnet nut "B" and unscrew the stem from the body. The washer on the end of the stem can be replaced it you can find on, but a better bet would be to find a new valve from the same manfacturer ( name on handle ) and take the parts out of it.

01-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Thank You very much

01-29-2007, 09:10 AM
Another stupid question regarding this valve. By looking, can you tell what size it might be? This one goes to the toilet, the others go to the sink. The name on the handle reads Eastman Speed Flex. Thanks again

01-29-2007, 09:26 AM


01-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Your valve looks like 1/2 copper inlet, 3/4 compression outlet, but the innards would be the same regardless of those sizes.
Here is a link to the Eastman/EZ FLO website: http://www.laloo.com/

Spaceman Spiff
01-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Dontcha mean 3/8 compression outlet??