vented cast iron toilet bend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Treebark

Reaction score
I removed a lead closet bend which was all rotted and leaking. It had a 2 inch vent outlet just below the flange. I'm planning to replace everything with cast iron cause that's code where I'm at (NYC) and I'd rather not deal with another lead bend. At Home Depot I've found a 4" cast iron quarter bend which has a 2 inch side outlet right at the bend. Can this be used as a closet bend which appears to need a vent (base on the lead bend which I removed)? Do they make cast iron closet bends with a vent? Do I even need a vent? Do they make cast iron closet bends or does one just use a regular short or long sweep?

It seems like it would work but I'm concerned about the vent being lower on the cast iron then it is on the lead. Would this make any difference?

My next questions will have to do with connecting 4 inch no hub cast iron to the 4 inch cast iron hub which currently has a 3-3.5 inch? lead covered brass ferule sticking out of it.

Thanks.

Here's a picture of what was and a picture of what I'm thinking of doing.

Attachments

• Lead bend removal.JPG
    Lead bend removal.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 987
  • Cast Iron Proposal.JPG
    Cast Iron Proposal.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,095
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks