Hanging copper tubing

Users who are viewing this thread

Riosman

Reaction score
The tubing is routed under a raised floor. I have it suspended using metal tape. I would like to know what is the best method for securing the tubing to the bottom of the floor joist.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
anchors

There are almost too many different options to even try to name them. It depends on whether the tubing is against the joists or hanging below them, and also what kind of access you have to anchor the supports.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You should not be using galvanized straps. Copper strapping is available, as are a wide variety of copper and plastic straps. Visit a plumging store or even the HD to get some ideas about what's available.

Riosman

Reaction score
I found some plastic hangers at HD. I will install them and remove the galv straps

Riosman

fatearthworm

Reaction score
Riosman said:
I found some plastic hangers at HD. I will install them and remove the galv straps

Riosman
Why no , Re : the galvanized straps ?
Corrosion ?
But this may take 50 years...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks