Tub Blockout

Users who are viewing this thread

jambonedogman

Reaction score
Hello,
I am going to be doing rough in on a barn , and I want to install a tub and toilet. What size should the block out box be, and how many inches to center from finished wall?
Thanks,
jam

E

elvisclock

check the measurements on the tub you will be using to find the center from the studs and the dpth from the studs and add a couple of inches on each side

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I've worked with tubs 28" to 32" wide.... so, somewhere about 14 to 16" from back side to center... make it plenty wide enough that you can work on a drain and probably a trap... I prefer 12". Most tubs are 60"... so you got plenty of length... I would have no problem going 16" or more. You just want to make sure that when the tub is installed that it is firm on the floor... I've had to work on some as narrow as 3" and had to bust out the concrete to make the new drain work.... you don't want to do that a few years down the road if you don't have to.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You will have to measure the tub unless there is paper work that tells you but you would still want to verify the paper work..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks