Curved Shower Rod

Users who are viewing this thread

hljackso

Reaction score
I purchased a Moen Inspirations Curved shower rod.
Problem is they say it can't be installed with a fiber glass tub enclosure. Of course they didn't say it on the box just the instructions inside the box.
My shower is a FULL enclosure including a ceiling so there doesn't seem to be any place to mount the side parts which hold the rod. The shower enclosure is a pretty nice one (not a cheap flimsy plastic type). The sides seem pretty sturdy but they extend about 3 or 4 inches away from the wall so there is a large air gap between the fiberglass and the wall. I also don't know for sure if there is drywall or a stud directly behind the part of the enclosure where I need to mount the rod. It can not be mounted outside the enclosure.
Any suggestions? Do you think the fiber glass could take me mounting the rod to it rather than the wall behind it? I was considering using the spring loaded toggle wing anchors.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If you mount it contrary to the instructions you are taking a risk of damaging your shower.

If you do, it is at your own risk.

I would return it and look for something else.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
rod

That rod must be anchored into a solid structure in the wall, even when it is not for a plastic shower stall. Your only salvation, if you do decide to mount it to the fiberglass will be if you can find a "ceiling" support to place in the center in order to relieve the torque stress. That will then require that you use a two piece shower curtain closing to the center.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks